Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Help is Help- No Matter the Age


Marlei Martinez
Tuesday November 4, 2008


People both young and old volunteered at Cathedral Academy at Pompei's 59th Annual Spaghetti Supper. Alexandria Parsons, 11, Syracuse, was one of the younger helpers cleaning up trays around the lunchroom.

“I work here because I want to, not because I need to,” Parsons said. “I like to volunteer.”

Parsons’ dad is part of the Spaghetti Supper cleanup crew and her mom helps out with everything. For 6th-grader Alexandria, this is her second year volunteering for the Spaghetti Supper.

“Last year I helped make the lemonade and coffee,” she said.

Parsons said that the entire student body got the day off today because of the Spaghetti Supper. Unlike most students who would rather lounge around on a day off, Parsons says she’d rather help.

“This beats being at my grandpa’s,” Parsons said. “I’d just be watching TV if I was there.”

No comments: