Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Passing on the Pasta

Linda Hall says she hates spaghetti. But she has good things to say about Our Lady of Pompei's annual spaghetti supper.

Coming off her campaign for Onondaga County Clerk, Hall went to her first Election Day spaghetti supper this afternoon and only ate four forkfuls of spaghetti.

"I hate getting spaghetti splatters on my clothes!" she said, as her campaign adviser boxed up her dinner. "I've switched to penne."

Instead of eating, Hall passed out fliers as her challenge to incumbent County Clerk Ann Ciarpelli came to a close.

She said the spaghetti supper was a great opportunity to meet with voters and "celebrities" like Dan Maffei, even if she passed on the pasta.

It isn't just spaghetti she has been avoiding. She hasn't been eating much of anything.

"I've lost ten to twelve pounds since I started my campaign," she said. "I'm just not hungry."

No comments: